Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My tongue dances behind my lips...

There are so many oppourtunities each and every day to open up our mouths and speak, whether it's a wise decision or not.
We can live through everyday and speak what's on our mind, what's in our hearts, what we feel, what we don't. We were given that ability to speak aloud our thoughts, & our dreams. But something that goes along with this miraculous ability, that most of us seem to forget, is learning how to control out tongues, because I myself am a prime candidate for speaking what's on my mind, when it just isn't necessary. My words have hurt people, sometimes on purpose and sometimes inadvertantly, but because I didn't think before I spoke, I forgot how much power my words had and these people were shocked at the jabs I would take at them or others, and I truly didn't realize I was being a jerk, it was just speaking what I felt they or others should know. Now I realize that my words can hurt, scar, damage, insult people and I try not to be the kind of person people don't want to talk to for fear I'll say something mean and make myself look and sound like an ass. It's hard, especially since what's in the heart comes out of the mouth, and that's where it starts, that's where the work needs to be done. In the heart, when your heart is clean and pure, then your words will be...

No comments: