Sunday, August 10, 2008

I feel the wind of Your love...

I was in the car tonight, on the way home from church and I had the window down and was sticking my hand outside while we were driving, and the wind was so powerful. So me, being bored and all, tried to see if I could force my hand to stay still while the wind was trying to push it back, and I found I couldn't. I tried, and tried and even hurt my hand in the process of it, but the force that was coming from the wind...this element that we can't see... this element that is invisible, yet so powerful, was disabling me from doing what I wanted, so I just conformed to the way in which it was blowing and my hand started moving in the flow and direction of it and it just flowed the way it was supposed to, smooth & easy, no resistence. And suddenly I got this sort of revelation; God's Spirit & power is like the wind, in the sense that we can't see It, and we can't control it, yet It's so powerful, and when we try to resist the Spirit we find we can't move the way we are supposed to, we are moving, but down a path that could eventually hurt us. But when we conform to the Spirit, we start to move in a smooth, easy flow, we get in tune with the things of God, and with His heart, and our hearts start beating together, perfectly in tune...



"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will..."

Romans 12.2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Great metaphor; very visual and very true.